Friday, March 1, 2013

Theme Songs

I came across this show called Clone High recently and fell in love with the opening theme! So good!



I'll only partially brag about this awesome show being Canadian because I am as well. This awesome show is Canadian!
Ehem... Anyway, the great theme got me thinking about theme songs I enjoy.
Clone High (2002-2003)
Directed by Ted Collyer, Harold Harris, Phil Lord, and Chris Miller
Editing by Christopher Gould
Cartoon lovers, you may notice a similarity between Clone High and Total Drama. What's the connecting thread? Looks to be Todd Kauffman and Blayne Burnside. On blog John K Stuff after a post with a lot of replies on character design, Kauffman popped in to apologize for what the consensus of this entry through was horrible, ugly design. Here's his entry:

Anyway, I really like Clone High's theme. Tommy Walter is credited as the composer for the theme, which was performed by his group Abandoned Pools (which you can see in the final episode).

Ever heard of Baki the Grappler? The English version has a most enjoyable theme (in my opinion). Theme song is Child Prey by Dir En Grey.
Baki the Grappler (2001)
Directed by Hitoshi Nanba
Check it:


I enjoyed the show too. Pointless as it was. Sometimes you just watch something pointless though, you know? Sometimes pointless is good.

And do you remember the X-Men theme? I like it. 
X-Men (1992-1997)
Created by Stan Lee (surprised?)
Directed by Larry Houston, Fred Miller and Richard Bowman
Theme composed by Ron Wasserman

No comments:

Post a Comment